The extent to which Nektan Limited has moved at an incredible rate cannot be understated.
The company didn’t exist in its current form in 2012, with the first shoots of its existence coming about thanks to the acquisition of Mfuse Limited in July of 2013.
That was a mobile technology and services business that would form the foundation of what was to come in the next few years.
About Nektan Limited
Nektan operated online casinos and similar offerings on mobiles from 2008, but it was a relatively small-scale business. It wasn’t until the merger with Mfuse Limited that the new look company was born.
The reason it was such an important moment in the company’s history is that Mfuse Limited already had a gaming platform in operation, whilst also having the expertise in developing the sort of games that Nektan wanted to operate in the future.
That gaming platform would be re-branded as Evolve, whilst the expertise in developing games would allow Nektan to release its own online and mobile casino games and slots at a rate that would make it one of the most influential businesses in the industry.
If you’ve ever used any online casino then it is possible you may have played a slot or casino game designed and developed by Nektan.
- Head Office: Suite 971, Europort, Europort Road, Gibraltar, GX11 1AA
- Phone: +350 2006 4958
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Evolution Of Nektan
After Nektan’s launched as its new mobile gaming platform in 2014, the company immediately went live with its white label partner Evolve.
Within a couple of months of launch Nektan received its software and gaming licenses from the UK Gambling Commission and by November of 2014 it had launched as an AIM listed company on the London Stock Exchange.
One of the biggest early moves for Nektan was the signing of a joint venture to deliver in-venue gaming for a land-based casino in the US with Spin Games LLC.
Within a year of launching Evolve, Nektan took over the management of the slots and gaming experience of a large UK news organisation’s online casino.
The growth didn’t slow in 2016 and by August Nektan had reached an agreement to run Chomp Casino, Spin Princess and Sapphire Rooms on behalf of Buckingham. It resulted in end-of-year accounts that showed Nektan had grown in pretty much every aspect, with cash wagering up 328% when compared with 2015.
Another milestone came about in August of 2017 when Nektan launched Evolve in the United States and took its first money wager from the other side of the pond thanks to in-venue gaming.
Two months later and another big deal was signed, this time with the Malta-based Tyche Digital Malta Limited. It meant that by October of 2017 there were a total of 83 brands being powered by the company, with more than 350 games on offer.
Nektan weren’t done for 2017, however, launching Vegas Baby in German as the company’s first offering in that country. They also signed a deal to allow Spin Games LLC’s licensed content to be used in the UK, bringing with it the likes of slot machine games from Konami.
100th Online Casino
In February of 2018 they had launched their 100th online casino, Royal Savoy Casino. March of the same year saw Nektan begin to make inroads into the Asian market with the launch of E-Lite there.
May 2018 saw the launch of sports betting content in the United States thanks to a partnership with Metric Gaming. The following month the company partnered once more with Tyche Digital, this time in the world of cryptocurrency for operators of online casino operators.
Landmark BetVictor Deal
The appointment of Lucy Buckley as the company’s CEO in October of 2018 was followed by a landmark deal with BetVictor.
The bookmaker is one of the leading gaming companies in Europe, so their decision to integrate the B2B global casino platform of Nektan into its key casino brands was a huge one in the development of the company.
Products and Services
In simple terms, Nektan’s business can be broken down into 4 categories:
- B2B Content – The B2B content comes predominantly in the form of the E-Lite global casino platform, which sees the world’s leading game operators putting forward premium content.
- White Label Technology – As far as the company’s White Label platform is concerned, Evolve provides a full casino solution that gives both small business and large brands the opportunity to create their own revenue stream. The key thing is that the entire online casino experience, from back office through to the gaming, is controlled by Evolve.
- A Remote Game Server – Obviously all games need be hosted somewhere, which is where Nektan’s RGS comes in. It allows some of the biggest game studios in the business to host their games, linking them to the company’s business channels and licensing structure.
- In-Venue Gaming – Finally, the development of Nektan’s relationship with Respin LLC has allowed the company to offer in-venue gaming to land-based casinos in the United States. Rapid Games is an award winning gaming platform, allowing the company to ensure a smooth process when launching new casinos in a well-regulated industry.
Games & Casinos
With nearly 100 brands being powered by Nektan and countless games to the company’s name, to say nothing of the fact that its expanding its portfolio on an almost daily basis, it’s pointless to attempt to list the places you could play the company’s games or brands that they work with.
Here’s a selection of some of those brands:
- Merkur Gaming
- Scientific Games
- Iron Dog Studio
In terms of the company’s overall philosophy, that is also something that is difficult to pin down. Each online casino that they operate via their White Label system Evolve has its own branding style and theming, so it’s impossible to say that there’s any one thing that Nektan stands for.
What we can say is that the company was founded in the first place in order to take advantage of the explosion of mobile and online gaming, which is something that they’ve done with aplomb.